Ashlyn's Art Blog
Art 2 Final Portfolio
Thursday, September 19, 2013
What's the Point
1. What were some of your solutions to What’s the Point?
Some of the ideas I came up with that were more literal were sky scrapers and pencils. I also came up with some ideas that had more of a meaning such as poverty and racism.
2. Which solution did you chose and why?
I chose to do my project on pencils because I figured I could come up with a really literal drawing. I also thought it would be fun to work on.
3. How did you show contrast in your work?
I showed contrast in my work by shading different areas of the pencils. This created contrast by putting lights next to darks.
4. What medium did you decide to use? Why did you choose this medium over the others?
The medium I decided to use in my project was pencil. I choose pencil because I was drawing pencils so I wanted to stick with the theme.
5. What techniques did you use to create this work?
Some techniques I used in my work are shading and showing contrast.
6. Did you take any risks with this project?
I think I took a small risk in my project by working with pencil, because it is very bland and boring. I also have never done a project in pencil before.
What message are you conveying? How are you convey this message through the use of your images or use of art elements or principles?
The message I am conveying is "What's the point". I drew giant pencils with arrows literally pointing to the point. I also created a question mark in the middle made out of smaller pencils.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest