Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Up Close and Personal


1. Upclose and Personal was our theme. How did you develop your ideas for this project and why did you choose your subject? I developed my ideas for this project by thinking of things that I could draw and add emphasis and detail to. I choose to do a butterfly so that i could focus on the color/medium and creating different shades.
2. How did you demonstrate Emphasis in your work? I demonstrated emphasis in my work by paying close attention to the value of the colors in the butterfly's wing.
3. What medium did you decide to use and why did you choose this medium over the others? Discuss how it enhances your piece. I choose colored pencil as my medium because I felt it best suited what I was drawing. It would have been difficult to use chalk/pastel in such small places, but with colored pencils I could make it work.
We encourage risk taking in art. Risk taking can be as simple as trying a new technique or learning about a new medium to as complex as trying something totally new.
4.. Did you take any risks with this project? Explain. I sort of took a risk in this project by using the color black. Black is normally not used when drawing/coloring pictures of nature, but I took this risk because I thought it would make the orange/yellows show.

5. Of the 5 characteristics of great art (technique, concept, emotion, new, medium) which did you include in your art? Of the 5 characteristics of great art, I choose to include medium in my art and focus on that by using the colored pencils and value.

No comments:

Post a Comment